HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids are derived from human iPSC. These organoids are homologous in size, shape, cell compositions and structures, and can be cultured up to years. At 90 days of culture, the cortical layer markers such as REELIN, CUX1, BRN2, SATB2, CTIP2, TBR1 can be detected, resembling the composition of the human cortex. HopCellTM Human 3D Cerebral Organoids can be used for disease modeling, drug screening, etc.
Immuno-fluorescent Photomicrographs of Human 3D Cerebral Organoids
At developmental stage, HopCellTM human 3D cerebral organoids with forebrain identity (FOXG1+) exhibit dorsal (PAX6+) and ventral (NKX2.1+) progenitors. Cortical plate cells (CTIP2+Tuj1+) are found superficial to well-defined VZ-like structures (SOX2+);
HopCellTM human 3D cerebral organoids have diverse neuronal subtypes and are characterized by an organized six-layered complex structure.
Astrocytes (GFAP+), Oligodendrocyte progenitors (Olig2+) are found in HopCellTM Organoids;
Microglia (iba1+, in our advanced edition of 3D-brain organoids) can also be introduced and found in the HopCellTM Organoids;
HopCellTM human 3D cerebral organoids show synaptic specific marker and functional features.
Electrophysiology Activities (DIV 130)
Functional neuronal network - synchronized spontaneous firing by MEA
Functional Human 3D cerebral organoids - assay ready in 96 or 384 well plates
* Each comparable in size, shape, cell compositions and cortical layer structures;
* Naturally developped neuronal and glia subtypes mimicking the cortex composition;
* Exhibit maturation features found in vivo including functional NMDAR;
* Ready for high content imaging, calcium oscillation study and neurotoxicity test;
* Can provide advanced version with microglia invaded organoids upon request.